I have been itching to write a post with a little more of my personality in it and sometimes life just works in your favour. I’ve been trying to find my blogging voice shall we say and you know half of the time it’s because I haven’t really made myself comfortable in my own blogging space. I can stretch out on these pages and put my feet up on the sidebar if I want too. So while I’m finding my feet let me tell you a little bit about EYF 2017 because I. am. excited.
This year I’m taking the CLN Podcast to its first yarn festival in Edinburgh! That’s right I’m bringing this baby on the road. For those of you who follow the fabulous Louise aka KnitBritish, you will have heard about the PodKal with Blacker Yarns. If you have missed all the media around the PodKal let me fill you in.
What’s the Deal?
- The cast on date is January 19th and cast off is March 4th.
- You can choose any pattern you want to knit so that you can show it off at the festival.
- The yarn has to be Blacker Yarns to be eligible for the discount and draw. Though use stash yarn if you just want to join in but you won’t be entered into the draws.
- You can knit or crochet your project
- There will be a meet up at Edinburgh Yarn Festival. (date and time TBA) If you are going to EYF and you wear your FO in 100% Blacker Yarns you will get a discount on the stall as a prize.
- For those who cannot make it to EYF, there will have a FOMO FO thread (fear of missing out finished objects) and there will be a random prize draw after EYF!
[bctt tweet=”I’m bringing the CLN Podcast to @EdinYarnFest. Join us in the #blackerpodKAL. Find out how on the blog” username=”cottagenotebook”]
Let’s Form a Team
Now that I have your attention, I’m wondering if you would like to form an Irish PodKal team? I will be doing the KAL between now and march and I will be posting about it on IG and Twitter. If you would like to join in the fun leading up to the festival, drop me a comment and I will sort out a team. You can also find out more information and introduce yourself to other members of the PodKal on Ravelry here.
There will be more information as we get closer to the festival but for now, I’ll let you ponder which of the fabulous Blacker Yarns you would like to try for the KAL. Do you really need an excuse to try a new yarn? I know I don’t. There will be more information on a team page and group a little later on. I will also be sending out updates in the Newsletter along with behind the scenes info from the festival.
Go on and join in the PodKal and share in the joy!
The Irish team is forming, if you would like to join in the PodKAL:
- Use TeamIre at the end of your posts on the PodKal thread here
- Use the hashtags #TeamIre and #blackerpodKAL on social media so you can follow along
- Remember to tag your projects on Ravelry with blackerpodkal and TeamIre
- Yu can chat with just TeamIre over on the group thread here
And that’s it! Your now part of the KAL